We are looking for talented and motivated students to work with the VirtualCity@Chalmers team. Several thesis projects are available, ranging from game programming (Unreal Engine) to modeling and simulation.
We offer a great opportunity to work in a cutting-edge research project and combine state-of-the-art technologies with fundamental computational methods. Depending on external funding the position can be extended after graduation. The starting date is “as soon as possible”!
Some proposed general topics include:
• VC@Chalmers implementation (Unreal Engine, C++ or any Web-enabled API). • Computational Fluid Dynamics visualisation in Unreal Engine.
• Virtual Reality capabilities in Unreal Engine.
• High Performance Computing extensions to of VirtualCity@Chalmers.
• BigData extensions to VirtualCity@Chalmers.
• Turbulence modeling for urban scale simulations.
• Case Study: Fluid-structure interaction simulation for ”Linbana Göteborg”.
• Case Study: Flooding simulation for Frihamnen.
• Traffic simulation based on synthetic population models.
• Simulation of pollution on the urban scale.
• Procedural/algorithmic generation of cities in Unreal Engine.
Visit http://virtualcity.chalmers.se for more information.
For questions and applications, please contact:
Anders Logg, email@example.com
Vasilis Naserentin, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0) 31 772 6381
In January 2018, Chalmers launched the interdisciplinary project VirtualCity@Chalmers. The project is initiated by the Area of Advance Building Futures and aims to build a virtual twin of the two campus sites modeled as an immersive 3D world. We are currently building our prototype. Some of the main features include real-time coupling to some of Chalmers’ simulation/research software platforms and MR/VR capabilities visualised and powered by Unreal Engine.